What data is collected?
Throughout our instruction Lake & Co may be provided with or have access to any of the following:
- Data submitted by you or collected through your use of the website lake-property.co.uk, including information provided to Lake & Co for the purpose of marketing and letting a property, and if relevant the management of the property on a daily basis;
- Carrying out instructions given throughout our involvement in the Property;
- Collection and use of personal information including names, address, telephone number and email) in order to respond to queries or requests submitted by the Landlord or any prospective applicant or a tenant; process instructions or applications; administer if relevant and carry out all obligations regarding the Terms of Business between Lake & Co and the Landlord; anticipate and resolve problems with any goods, or services supplied to the Landlord or issues with the Property; and initiate services that may meet the Landlord’s needs.
- Data submitted by the Landlord or third parties acting on your behalf relating to an instruction or potential instruction. This will include emails, documents sent by post or hand delivered to our offices, information taken down by staff of Lake & Co during telephone conversations or meetings and voice recordings of any of the aforementioned telephone conversations;
- Data submitted for the purpose of signing the Tenancy Agreement or other documents;
- Data requested is the minimum required by Lake & Co and any associated companies to provide you with the products, quotes or information that have been requested or may be required;
- Any other information that the Landlord or any relevant third parties send.
You will need to submit your complaint to The Property Ombudsman within 12 months of receiving our final viewpoint letter, including any evidence to support your case. The Property Ombudsman requires that all complaints are addressed through this in-house complaints’ procedure, before being submitted for an independent review.
How will the data be used?
Any of the Data collected by any of the means set out above may be used for any of the following purposes:
- Carrying out instructions given throughout the involvement in the Property;
- To ensure our compliance with the conditions set out in our terms of business;
- Offering an initial consultation on a potential instruction regarding the rent achievable and the Property generally;
- Forwarding on information to trustworthy third parties for the purpose of carrying out the instructions given to us meaning checking of references preparation of an inventory and other statutory checks such as gas and electric safety. We will only share Data with any third parties where we are satisfied that they will take appropriate measures to ensure the protection of your Data or if required by law;
- Forwarding on to trustworthy third parties for the purpose of carrying out necessary identity and money laundering checks including those on the Landlord. We share Data with any third parties where we are satisfied that they will take appropriate measures to ensure the protection of your Data, store it securely and use it for the purpose intended;
- Sending information which includes your personal details to the prospective tenant and other parties involved in the letting of the Property;
- Sending email communication that you have requested or have been requested by relevant third parties including any prospective tenant or a tenant of the Property;
- Deal with any requests or complaints made by yourself relating to our handling of any instruction regarding your Property or the Tenancy;
- Reminding the Landlord about renewals, and offer services that may be of interest to you provided by Lake & Co or a recommended third party;
- Any requests made by third parties that by law we are required to comply with;
- Any requests made by third parties that we are required to comply with by virtue of our obligation to the court, His Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (“HMRC”) or any person investigating a crime.
How long will the Data be held for and where will the Data be stored?
Lake & Co will retain the Data for as long as necessary to ensure compliance with our legal responsibilities. This will ordinarily be a minimum of 6 years from the date of the last processing of any Data (Limitations Act 1980).
During any instruction your Data will be stored in paper copy and/or on our electronic database software. Once our instruction on any matter has concluded and no new Data is to be processed, the paper file may be sent to an off-sight archiving storage facility (is this correct?) where it will be kept for the reminder of our time as the Data processor and controller.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that there is complete safety of Data when it is supplied, transmission via the internet can never be entirely secure. We have set out a strict in house-policy for handling of Data to ensure that any risk is kept to an absolute minimum.
Lake & Co will retain personal information of prospective or current landlords and tenants for 18 months from the end of involvement in the letting and managing of the Property. If you wish your p[personal information deleted contact Lake & Co at the following address: (insert address).
Your Rights to Object.
If at any time you do not wish Data to be controlled by Lake & Co in accordance with this policy, you must notify us at (insert email address) setting out your reasons. Once notice of objection has been received, the processing of the Data will be stopped unless we are able to show that there is a reason to retain the Data to comply with legal responsibilities or a legitimate interest in continuing to retain, hold and use the Data. If this is the case your Data will continue to be held. Lake & Co will notify you of our reasons within a reasonable period of time.
Any Change of Policy
Should Lake & Co change our Policy for whatever reason, the updated policy will be posted on our website and sent out as necessary.
If any Data provided by yourselves is no longer correct and needs to be updated, please contact us at (insert email address) to ensure that all of your records kept are updated.
Your Rights to Object.
Certain images included on lake-property.co.uk contain links to third party regulatory websites. These sites will use Google Analytics tracking within their linked logo.